Info Days on the EGVI PPP – December 2013
The Information Days on the European Green Vehicles Initiative took place on Monday 16 and Tuesday 17 December 2013 in the Charlemagne Building (rue de la Loi 170) and Centre Albert Borschette (rue Froissart 36), in Brussels.
This year, the Information Days jointly addressed the four research public-private partnerships launched in the framework of Horizon 2020: Green Vehicles, Factories of the Future, Energy-efficient Buildings and Sustainable Process Industry.
Following the publication of the Work Programme and calls for proposals, on 11 December, the European Commission intends to inform about the implementation of the four contractual PPPs and the opportunities included in the Work Programme 2014-2015.
The general programme of the Info Days and related information are now available on the event website.
Green Vehicles session and brokerage event
A specific session dedicated to the presentation of the Green Vehicles Initiative took place on Monday 16 December, in the afternoon. It was followed by a two-hour brokerage and networking event, where interested stakeholders had the opportunity to present their initial project ideas.
The video of the Green Vehicles session is available for consultation on the European Commission’s website.
Slides and project ideas presented during the Green Vehicles session and brokerage event:
- Presentation of the EGVI PPP Multiannual Roadmap, Wolfgang Steiger (Volkswagen, EGVIA Chairman)
- Presentation of the EGVI call topics in the Transport Work Programme, Maurizio Maggiore (European Commission, DG RTD)
- Presentation of the EGVI call topic in the LEIT Work Programme, Martin Gieb (European Commission, DG RTD)
* GV.1-2014 – Next generation of competitive Li-Ion batteries to meet customer expectations
- RECHARGE (Willy Tomboy) – Integration of battery design and recycling process for cost optimization of e-mobility batteries
- ESI Group (Mustafa Megahed) – Li+ Battery Modelling R&D Collaboration proposal
* GV.2-2014 – Optimised and systematic energy management system in electric vehicles
- Infineon Technologies AG (Wolfgang Dettmann) – Conversion of thermal waste to comfort and mileage
- Magneti Marelli (Andrea Nepote) – Energy harvesting and management in electric vehicles
- University of Limerick (Abbasi Gandhi) – Materials Science in H2020 GV Projects
* GV.5-2014 – Electric two-wheelers and new light vehicle concepts
- IK4 IKERLAN (Lide Rodriguez) – Urban silent & efficient cleaning system
- IZNAB (Emil Lezak) – Energy efficiency improvements of ultra-light e-vehicles
- Infineon Technologies (Wolfgang Dettmann) – Project Proposal on eLEV
- Altreonic (Eric Verhulst) – A bottom-up approach for autonomous driving using scalable and modular transport vehicles
* GV.8-2015 – Electric vehicles enhanced performance and integration into the transport system and grid
- University of Porto (Maria Teresa Outeiro) – Modular Power Electronic Architectures for Electrical Vehicles
* Other topics: