Optimal Electrical Powertrain via Adaptable Voltage and Transmission Ra
- Framework: FP7
- Type: IP
- Status: Ongoing
- Category: Electrification (FEV/PHEV)
- End Date: 30/04/2015
- Vehicles: Passenger cars
- Website: http://www.avtr-project.eu/
AVTR addresses the development of a complete Electrical powertrain optimized as a whole of systems, targeting the largest market context (vehicles weighing less than 1000kg) and featuring Energy saving in pure urban drive up to 20% with respect to state of the- art fixed transmission ratio and avoiding the use of Rare-Earth Permanent Magnet Motors
- fun-to-drive experience by adaptable transmission ratio allowing highest acceleration in all conditions,
- Overall cost reduction per a defined range through a reduced battery capacity
- Reduced cost of ownership and maintenance by a significant reduction of electro-mechanical stresses due to power/energy transients.
The ambitious objectives are obtained by integrating in a single, air cooled, compact module: power electronic and related control performing energy conversion, AC induction motor drive, variable rate mechanical transmission and differential.
Early demonstration of the technology will be made by preparing specific AVTRs to be installed on a FEV of new concepts for urban mobility and easily adaptable to the majority of the forthcoming (2015-2020) light electrical vehicles.
Impact is expected on:
- Improved energy efficiency and extended driving range of the FEV
- Reduced costs of the electronic components and the overall FEV at increased performance
- Mitigated constrains for the user of the FEV versus the Internal Combustion Engine Vehicle
- Significant improvement of FEV’s safety, comfort, new information, and comfort services for FEV users
- Strengthened global competitiveness of the European automobile, ICT for PWT
- Market penetration of key components of FEVscted on: