Get Lunch with 2Zero Pillar 2: Key Challenges and Solutions
More than 70 people participated in the 2nd “Get Lunch with 2Zero” which took place today (June 8, 2021) – “The integration of BEV into the energy system and related charging infrastructure”
Venizelos Efthymiou, one of the co-leader of Pillar 2, presented the key challenges the Pillar will address and activities for:
– Upcoming charging solutions
– New technological developments such as smart charging and V2G solutions
– New digital solutions to improve user experience
– Ensuring power quality
To succeed, the Pillar needs:
• to put the end-user in the centre of the system approach.
• to make sure the solutions are interoperable and seamless charging solutions are available throughout EU.
• to develop the system to make it smarter, more responsive and adaptable to the user’s needs.
The partnership will not develop the infrastructure itself, nor the legislative framework; however, it will contribute to develop innovative solutions and technologies to achieve interoperability and improve user friendliness to overcome the reluctances towards BEV uptake.