Zero Emission Heavy Duty Road Transport @ Trade Fair Center Messe München
“Zero Emission Heavy Duty Road Transport: Perspectives and Innovation Testing in Real Operations” is a session organised at the next International Exhibition for logistics, mobility, IT and supply chain management, taking place at the Trade Fair Center Messe in München on 11 May, from 14:00 to 18:00 in room A52.
In this session participants will be exposed to the 3 main innovation projects (ZEFES, EMPOWER & ESCALATE) funded by the European Commission in the frame of the 2ZERO partnership focussed on Heavy Duty Long Distance road freight transport decarbonisation:
- Get an overview of the projects
- Opportunity to discuss in depth the requirements for vehicles, infrastructure, and logistics operations to accelerate adoption and deployment. Topics such as charging and refuelling infrastructure, road infrastructure, operational business aspects, and social/ legislative aspects will be discussed involving key stakeholders involved in these projects and beyond.
The projects will address and discuss the following questions:
- What is the decarbonisation roadmap of shippers, logistics service providers & carriers? What are their needs and requirements?
- What is the next level of e-trucks? Will this influence the operations?
- What is the next level of e-infrastructure? Charging and hydrogen refuelling infrastructure in Europe.
- What is the next level on business & logistics operations (services, business solutions, High-Capacity Transport-European Modular Systems, IT-tools, route planning, assignment, etc.)?
The programme of the session is structured as follows:
14:00-15:00 AN INTRODUCTION TO ZERO EMISSION HEAVY DUTY ROAD TRANSPORT INITIATIVES.
A) Welcome & introduction: European Commission, ALICE and 2ZERO.
- Philippe FROISSARD – European Commission (DG RTD). Head of Unit Future Urban & Mobility Systems
- Mr. Stephan Neugebauer – 2ZERO Chairman
- Mr. Fernando Liesa – ALICE Secretary General
B) An introduction to ZEFES, EMPOWER, ESCALATE projects and the AEVETO Cluster.
- Mr. Ben Kraaijenhagen (ZEFES) – VUB
- Mr. Michele Gennaro (EMPOWER) – AIT Austrian Institute Of Technology
- Mr. Servais Ouenou Gamo (ESCALATE) – FEV France
15:30-17:30 DRIVING THE TRANSITION TOWARDS ZERO EMMISIONS. NEEDS AND REQUIREMENTS.
15:30-16:20 SHIPPERS | LOGISTIC AND TRANSPORT COMPANIES ROUND TABLE:
- Mr. François-Régis Le Tourneau – L’Oreal
- Mr. Sergio Barbarino – Procter & Gamble
- Mr. Marcelo Marcal – ELECTROLUX
- Mr. Martin Gruber – Gruber Logistics
- Mr. Robin Lataire – COLRUYT
- Mr. Mete Ozkan – Dincer Lojistik
16:20-17:00 OEMs ROUND TABLE:
- Mr. Christer Thorén – SCANIA
- Mr. Mario Maennlein – IVECO
- Mr. Per Bengtsson – Volvo Technology AB
- Mr. Marc Lejeune – Renault Trucks
- Mr. Ton Bertens – Van Eck Trailers BV
17: 00 – 17:30 INFRASTRUCTURE ROUND TABLE:
- Ms. Kathryn Wunderle – AIR PRODUCTS
- Mr. Claudio Vitalini – HYDROGEN CENTRE OF BOZEN
- Mr. Mario Campo – HITACHI ENERGY
- Mr. Kai Koenig – ABB
17:30-18:00 CONCLUSION AND NEXT STEPS
To participate in the session, please use the following link.
To access the event you need to be registered to Transport & Logistics in Munich (9-12 May). You can Buy tickets to attend Transport and Logistics Munich or ask for a 1 day ticket that will be facilitated by the organizer. By choosing that option you confirm that you will attend the session or you will cover the costs in case you do not attend.