Joint EC / European Green Cars Initiative Workshop – October 2013
Electric Vehicle Systems Architecture and Standardization Needs
In continuation of a series of successful expert workshops bringing together the EV stakeholder community to engage in focused discussions of currently relevant R&I topics, an expert workshop on E/E architecture of electric vehicles and EV standardization needs will be held on 23 October 2013 in Brussels. This workshop is jointly organized by the European Commission and the European Technology Platforms ERTRAC and EPoSS in order to assess the research activities within the European Green Cars Initiative PPP and to directly collect feedback from the stakeholders regarding R&I strategies and funding policies. Current research projects will report on their results and future plans and experts will give their views on E/E reference architectures and voltage levels. A second focus will be testing and standardization of electric vehicles.
- Keynote – Willy van Puymbroeck, Head of Unit Components, DG CNECT, European Commission
- Keynote – Liam Breslin, Head of Unit Surface Transport, DG RTD, European Commission
- Keynote – Wolfgang Steiger, Volkswagen / Chairman, EGVIA
10:30 Coffee Break
11:00 Session 1: Results of Current Research Projects – Chairperson: Emma Briec, Renault
- eDAS, CASTOR, iCompose, Reiner John, Infineon
- eFuture, Frederic Holzmann, Intedis
- The EU-MOBY Platform, Pietro Perlo, IFEVS
- OPENER, Kosmas Knödler, Bosch
12:30 Lunch / Posters on all other components and systems related projects
13:30 Session 2: From R&D towards innovation – Chairperson: Jochen Langheim, ST Microelectronics
- Reference E/E Architecture for EV, Cornel Klein, Siemens
- Interfaces to charging, Bertrand Largy, Renault
14:30 Coffee Break
15:00 Session 3: Steps to standardization and implementation – Chairperson: Ségolène Martin, CEN/CENELEC
- Overview on standardization activities in Europe, Peter Van den Bossche, VUB
- EV testing, Ondrej Vaculin, TÜV Süd
- Barriers and opportunities for SMEs in EV technologies: from research to innovations, Chris Pickering, Innovation Bridge Consulting Ltd.
16:00 Conclusions and outlook
- Electrification and Vehicle Automation, Thomas Röhrl, Continental
- Wrap-Up – Gereon Meyer, VDI/VDE-IT; Günter Lugert, Siemens / Vice Chairman Smart Systems Industry, EGVIA; Cosmin Codrea, Unit Components, DG CNECT, European Commission
Poster from the FP 7 projects:
Rue d’Egmont 11
1000 Brussels (Belgium)
This workshop is prepared on behalf of the European Commission and Public Private Partnership European Green Cars Initiative by the Coordination Actions “PPP Implementation for Road Transport Electrification” (CAPIRE) and “Smart Electric Vehicle Value Chains” (Smart EV-VC).
Participation is free of charge and on invitation only, travel costs will not be reimbursed. All participants are required to register in advance. Additional experts may apply for acceptance by completing the registration form; however due to room limitations all registrations need to be confirmed by the organizers.