IPIC 2021 – 8th International Physical Internet Conference
The future of the global freight and logistics industry will be shaped online during a 3-day starting on 14th June.
The 8th Annual International Physical Internet Conference (IPIC) aims to provide an open forum for researchers, industry representatives, government officials and citizens to explore leading-edge freight transport and logistics concepts, methodologies, projects, technological advancements and start-up initiatives for future interconnected logistics and the Physical Internet. Due to COVID-19, this year IPIC will be taking place fully online and with very accessible registration fees.
More information can be discovered on the event website.
Brought to you by ALICE -the European Technology Platform ALICE, this year’s event might include a selection of sessions originally chosen for the in-person conference, but also will host new topic areas. Building on previous efforts of the Physical Internet Community, ALICE also welcomes contributions addressing different generations of the Roadmap Towards the Physical Internet as well as applications or technologies supporting its implementation (see the call for contributions for more details)
How will the Online Conference work?
- Conference sessions will take place on the 15th – 16th of June in different timings depending on the speakers country region. IPIC 2021 is expected to have: ASIA-EUROPE, US/CANADA-EUROPE and AUSTRALIA-EUROPE sessions. Eventually other regions sessions (e.g., US/CANADA-ASIA, etc.).
- Recorded presentations and pdf presentations (as well as full papers) will be available in the speaker’s profile of the conference and attendees will be able to interact with the authors bilaterally.
- All sessions will have a life Q&A interactive session with the authors after the presentations are shared.
- Conference proceedings will be produced with the papers and poster contributions.
- All contents and sessions will be available online (restricted access to conference attendees) in the ALICE Knowledge Platform with unlimited time access (you may revisit parallel sessions) and allowing extended interaction beyond the conference duration. A specific section for IPIC2021 will be created on the platform.