EBA250 Virtual Meetup – May 2020
As the European battery industry has gained a lot of momentum over the past few months, speeding up developments and initiatives all along the value chain, it is essential to gather to discuss the important topics in the near future. The European Battery Alliance intends to engage the European industry in seizing the opportunity brought by batteries – a core technology for enabling the energy transition. Whereas it could still be premature to assert that this political impulsion will effectively be translated into long-term socio-economic benefits, Europe is certainly gaining momentum in the industrial development of batteries.
- The European EV market is today the fastest growing in the world and the European automotive industry is defending their market positions resulting on a robust demand for batteries in Europe.
- New investments are made throughout the value chain, both from European suppliers but also from Asian suppliers serving the European automotive industry.
Hence the EBA250 Stakeholders decided to organise a Virtual Meeting, titled “The latest battery industry development in Europe and the impact of COVID-19” with a review on the latest market trends and developments pre- and since the strike of COVID-19 and extra focus on Asian suppliers investing in Europe to serve their European customers. What are their plans and reflections for cell production in Europe? How do they perceive the development of a battery supply chain in Europe and will we see R&D related to batteries also in Europe? Finally, to what extend are the plans affected by the COVID-19 crisis?
The speakers will be:
▪ Bo Normark, Industrial Strategy Executive, EIT InnoEnergy
▪ Thore Sekkenes, EBA250 Programme Director, EITInnoEnergy
▪ Matthias Zentgraf, Regional President Europe, CATL
▪ Jörn Jürgens, Director, Energy Storage Systems (EMEA), LG Chem
The virtual meeting will be structured as follow:
▪ Intro & welcome (5min)
▪ Market update & snapshot on latest industry development (10 min)
▪ Presentation from CATL Europe and LG Chem (15 min)
▪ Discussion (20min)
▪ Q&A (25min)
It will take place online on Wednesday 27 May 2020, from 14:00 to 15:15 pm CET.
To participate, please register your participation at your earliest convenience, but no later than 26 May. Registered participants will receive the link and password to join the virtual meetup prior to the event. To maximise the interactivity of the session, you can already submit any questions or topics to be discussed in advance. For that purpose, you may fill in the dedicated box in the registration form or send them by email to firstname.lastname@example.org.
This online event is open to EBA250 members only.