ALICE Webinar on AEROFLEX next 15 September
AEROFLEX – Aerodynamic and Flexible Trucks for Next Generation of Long Distance Road Transport
Tuesday 15 September 2020, 14:00 – 16:00 (CEST)
The AEROFLEX project is developing and demonstrating new technologies, concepts and architectures for complete vehicles with optimised aerodynamics, powertrains and safety systems as well as flexible and adaptable loading units with advanced interconnectedness contributing to the vision of the physical internet. AEROFLEX project is liaised with ALICE and is in the final phase of development. Through this webinar, you will get an overview of the project developments and you will have the opportunity to get engaged with the project in its last year of execution.
Some efficiency targets are broken down as follows:
- 4-5% energy saving by separate platforms;
- 4-6% energy saving by using loading space more effectively;
- 5-12% energy efficiency improvement from the integration of more flexible, advanced powertrains;
- 5-10% reduction in energy consumption through improved truck aerodynamics;
- standardised interfaces and the resulting sharing of components leading to higher economies of scale;
- front end designs to ensure survivability in crashes up to 50 km/h for occupants and vulnerable road users.
- Welcome and rules of the webinar
- Project overview and status
- Highlights, innovations, demonstration and assessment. Impact and requirements
- Potential benefits and limitations of technology solutions: Aerodynamics, hybrid distributed powertrain, front end design and vehicle architecture.
- Modular architectures for efficient logistics operations.
- Transport assessment tool. How I can make road freight transport efficient in my supply chain?
- Smart and intelligent access regulations to transport infrastructure. How to drive efficiency and new technology adoption.
- Next steps, outlook