Horizon Europe Provisional Work Programme is out!
The Horizon Europe provisional Work Programme of Cluster 5 (climate, energy and mobility) is now available.
This draft is made available before the formal adoption of the Work Programme to provide information on the main lines of priorities to stakeholders interested to submit a project proposal.
The adoption of the Work Programme will be announced on the Horizon Europe website and on the Funding and Tenders Portal. The WP officially published by the EC is the only valid document.
Reducing transport’s impact on the climate and natural environment is the most urgent priority, to meet the Paris Agreement commitments and align with broader EU transport, climate, and energy goals of Europe being the first climate neutral continent by 2050, as stated in the EU Green Deal.
Research plays a crucial role in achieving this ambitious target. Transforming transport will also be key to delivering on the Horizon Europe Mission area on climate-neutral and smart cities.
The WP 2023/2024 has 6 destinations (major chapters), within which 189 calls for proposals are expected to be published. The 2Zero Partnership belongs to Destination 5 – Clean and competitive solutions for all transport modes.
The Zero emission road transport call 2023 will include 6 topics:
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D5-01-01: User-centric design and operation of EV for optimized energy efficiency (2ZERO Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D5-01-02: Innovative battery management systems for next-generation vehicles (2ZERO & Batt4EU Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D5-01-03: Frugal zero-emission vehicles concepts for the urban passenger challenge (2ZERO Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D5-01-04: Circular economy approaches for zero-emission vehicles (2ZERO Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D5-01-05: Measuring road transport results towards 2Zero KPIs (2ZERO Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2023-D5-01-06: EU Member States/Associated countries research policy cooperation network to accelerate zero-emission road mobility (2ZERO Partnership)
The call is expected to be published on 13th December 2022 and close on 20th April 2023.
The total budget allocated to the 2Zero Partnership topics in 2023 is 59,5 M€.
In addition, a tripartite topic, drafted among 2Zero, CCAM and the Cities mission, will be published under the Cities mission Work Programme: HORIZON-MISS-2023-CIT-01-01: Co-designed smart systems and services for user-centred shared zero-emission mobility of people and freight in urban areas. The call will tentatively open on 10 January 2023, with a deadline of 27 April 2023. The topic will be presented at the Cluster 5 Info Days on 15-16 December (exact timing tbc) and at the Missions Info Days on 17 January.
In 2024, the 2Zero partnership will support 6 topics:
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-01: Smart, low-cost pervasive stationary slow charging and bi-directional solutions synergic with the grid for EV mass deployment (2ZERO Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-02: Integration and testing of next generation post-800V electric powertrains (2ZERO Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-03: Advanced battery system integration for next-generation vehicles (2ZERO Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-04: Integrated flexible multipoint megawatt charging systems for electric truck mass deployment (2ZERO Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-05: Advanced digital development tools to accelerate the development of software-defined vehicles that enable zero-emission mobility (2ZERO Partnership)
- HORIZON-CL5-2024-D5-01-06: New designs, shapes, functionalities of Light Commercial Vehicles (2ZERO Partnership)
The call is expected to open on 7th December 2023 and close on 18th April 2024.
The total budget allocated is 77 M€.
To get more information on the 2Zero topics, do not miss the European Commission’s information days on 15th and 16th December, a unique opportunity to ask your questions to the European Commission’s policy officers and network with future European partners.